The recipe I’m sharing today is one of my all-time summer favourites. It’s super easy and quick to make, although you do have to start making it a few hours in advance. I got this recipe straight from my mum and only slightly modified the quantities. Here it is, the best ever tabbouleh recipe (yes, I’m a little bit biased, hehe)
Tomato & Cucumber Tabbouleh
- 400g couscous (2 cups)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (or juice of 1 lemon)
- 125ml olive oil (1/2 cup)
- 500ml tomato juice (2 cups)
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 4-5 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped (optional)
- fresh parsley
- salt & pepper
Put the couscous in a large bowl and add the lemon juice, olive oil and tomato juice. Mix well, cover with gladwrap and leave to soak for 3 hours or overnight.
After the 3 hours, add the diced cucumber, tomatoes, onion and parsley. Add salt & pepper to taste and mix well, making sure there are no ‘clumps’ of couscous. Add a drizzle of olive oil and serve cold.